The West Somerset Catholic Parishes consist of Minehead with Watchet and Dulverton. They are part of the Clifton Catholic Diocese, which covers the West of England and includes the City and County of Bristol, the counties of Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Bath and North East Somerset.
There are 107 parishes within 13 deaneries serving a Catholic population of around 190,000. Around 33,000 people attend Mass around the diocese every weekend. More than 2,000 people are actively involved in Catholic associations in the diocese.
The diocese was legally established as a charity on 6 May 1934 under the title Clifton Catholic Diocesan Trustees Registered. Our charity number is 233977. The administrative offices are based in Bristol.
The West Somerset Catholic Parishes at 20 miles East to West and 17 miles North to south, make up one of the largest groups in the diocese and cover all of Exmoor.